Do you ever have one of those days where you can't help but let your mind wander?
Warm, sunshine filled days like today seem to steal my train of thought. I am not so much like the dog from "UP"...squirrel, but I am more like a rat in a maze. I go down one path as long as it is interesting and taking me somewhere I want to go and when it no longer serves that purpose, I choose a different thought, only partially related to the first and run with it.
My thoughts today included everything from how different my two girls are, how beautiful they are, how they are already best friends and how I am not looking forward to their teenage years only slightly less than Leron is. Oh that reminds me, I need to remind him to clean his gun! Then they jumped to everything that still needs to get done for the new house, farming, selling the house. Then it was on to my to do list of laundry, bills, cleaning, dinner, grocery list making and grocery shopping. Then it was back to my girls because the thought of grocery shopping with Nalley in the front of the cart trying her best to get out and Felicity sitting in her carseat in the cart taking up most of the space that should be for groceries makes me smile. If you need a little more insight on shopping with small children check out my sister's awesome blog.
On a day of so many varied thoughts, it is hard to pin down just one to write about. Maybe as it cools off later in the week or clouds roll in and hide the sun for a few hours I will focus on a single stream of thought. For now, I am going to enjoy the sunshine, warmth and wonder all around me.
Where does your mind wander when it gets the chance? Is it to the good things, the things that worry you, the things out of your control? I hope your thoughts, like mine, get to go full circle and continually bring you back to the things that make you smile!
Lenten Daily Challenge: Go to a private room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret
Rosary Special Intention: For all mothers of small children
God Bless!
Hannah
The Farmer's Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment