It was so nice to wake up this morning to sunshine and warmer weather. After what felt like an eternity of being sick, the sunshine has made me look forward to today.
It definitely didn't take marrying a farmer to realize the blessing in sunshine. I have always loved waking up with those golden rays on my face. It really illuminates the natural beauty all around. And I personally think I look much better with a little color. Thank you sunshine for "natural" makeup.
When I first started this blog, I asked Leron for some topic ideas. He said I should do a comparison between sunshine and the Son shining. I dismissed the idea at first thinking it was too obvious but have since given it some more thought. I feel so much better when the sun is out and it is pretty hard to wipe the smile off of my face. I am friendlier, more adventurous and definitely more Christ-like to others. This can't really be a coincidence.
You have to make hay while the sun is shining.
I like to think of sunshine as the gleaming off of God's huge smile! When we can see God working all around us, it is easier to be Christ for one another. It is easy to show love for your spouse at a wedding when the whole day is centered around love. It is easy to snuggle real close to your baby and be thankful for the gift when you see another infant being baptized. It is easy to be a christian on Sunday when you are full of the good news and those around you are too.
It is harder to see the Son when the sun isn't shining. So I am going to use this sunshine today to refill my tank and use it as a reserve for the dark, stormy or cold days ahead (both literal and figurative). The girls and I are going to go for a walk, and we are going to look at all my tulip and daffodil bulbs that are beginning to come out of the ground. We are going to go to the store and smile and say hi to strangers just trying to give them something to smile about. We are going to laugh and play and dance like crazy fools just for fun. Then they are going to nap, I am going to take a deep breath and pray this nice weather continues but in case it doesn't that this feeling can continue in my heart.
Lenten Daily Challenge: Ask Jesus to heal whatever separates you from feeling God's bountiful love
Rosary Special Intention: My brother Michael, sister-in-law Jen and their son Quinn
God Bless!
Hannah
The Farmer's Wife
PS- If you have any special prayer requests (public or private) or any topics ideas let me know
No comments:
Post a Comment