Leron and I took the girls out to the site of our new home today. It is really getting close to being finished and I am getting anxious to move in and get started making all the new memories.
We started what seems like forever ago and yesterday all at the same time. Here is day one of excavating for the basement.
It seems crazy to think that Felicity was still on the inside when we started this project. I know not exactly the best timing to start building a new house. (If you need an update on my mental status check out Dreams and Insanity)
Getting the basement concrete poured was an exciting time that definitely made the whole thing start to feel very real. (and very big!)
This is what the house looks like today. Only one more side of brick, a bit of siding and some veneer stone and the outside will be complete! (We have an excellent guy working on the brick/stone... if you need any masonry work done I totally recommend him)
This open room will be finished with two columns and will serve as the girls toy room. Nalley got to watch the drywall finishing crew work on their stilts, she definitely wanted a pair!
This will soon be my kitchen. It will have so much more space than I have now I get more than excited just thinking about all of the great meals and memories that I am sure will be made in this room.
And here is all the baseboard trim and window casings drying after their first coat of paint. It is pretty crazy to think in about a month we will be in this brand new house...
Just a little paint, flooring, trim and cabinets and this house will be move in ready!!!
Consider this an open invitation to come visit us any time, we will have more than enough space for visitors every day of the year.
Lenten Daily Challenge: Choose someone who has passed away or someone who needs extra help as your Mass intention today
Rosary Special Intention: For all those affected by the storms this weekend
God Bless!
Hannah
The Farmer's Wife









The house looks great!! I can't wait until it's all done and we can see it in person. :)
ReplyDelete