Monday, February 13, 2012

My Wonderful Life

There are so many things in my life that make it wonderful.  The most important blessing I have ever received is the unconditional love of my husband, Leron.  He is an amazing man and I am positive I do not deserve his love any more than I deserve the love I receive from God.

We were introduced by my older sister when she was attending college.  It was love at first sight for me even though it took me several years to realize it.  We reconnected as my sister was planning her wedding.  I was the maid of honor and he was the best man.  To hear him tell the story, I saw him across the altar in a tux and saw my future.  After 15 months of dating and a bit of showing him I could hack it as a farmer's wife, we got engaged on July 3, a date we still celebrate just as importantly as our wedding anniversary.  After 15 months of planning and preparation, we said our vows in front of God, family and friends.  It was a beautiful wedding and a day I will always remember.

My wonderful life continued getting better when we had our first child.  We welcomed our daughter, Nalley Jane, in August.  She weighed in at 6lbs 7oz and 18.5in.  She is still our little bug at 18 months she was in the 5th percentile for weight.  She is the spitting image of Leron, mimicing his movements, making him laugh and participating in daily dance parties to their favorite song "The Little Drummer Boy".

Another blessing was greeted in September, a second daughter, Felicity Lynn.  She was a little bit bigger than her sister weighing in at 8lb 2oz 20 in.  At 4 months she is only 5 lbs and 5 inches away from Nalley.  I have already gotten asked several times if they are twins.  I am sure this question will come up more as they grow older.

And then there are other blessings, a new house that is scheduled to be completed in March, two loving families who help us more than we could ever repay, a successful business, food on the table, clothes on our backs, and sunshine. 

I am learning more everyday to be thankful for the little things in life.  As a farmer's wife, you can never be disappointed about rain, snow, or cold weather it just means I get more time with my husband when he cannot be in the fields.

More about my wonderful life later... time to feed the baby now!

God Bless You!
Hannah
The Farmer's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment