Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Life

I am surrounded by life everyday.  I see the sun come up every morning and set every evening.  I see trees bloom in the sping and lose their leaves in the fall.  With this endless life circle around every day, it would be very easy to take life for granted.  I don't.

I rejoice when a new life is created.  I mourn when a life is lost.  I get happy when a life in Christ is begun and cry when someone i love turns away from that path.

In the past three days, I have been on a roller coaster ride of emotions about life.  Mourning a life taken too soon (21 years old), confused at a life hardly begun (a friend's miscarriage at 8 weeks), rejoicing at news of good health in a friend's pregnancy and hopeful for a new life joining this world sometime today (come on Thomas Bohm your mommy doesn't want a leap year baby!).

I wish I could say being a farmer's wife made the circle of life easier to understand by putting it in perspective.  Afterall, we care for animals every day that in the end are used for our food and we need the plants in the field to die in order to harvest them.  However, it is harder because I have put life in perspective.  Life is the most precious gift given by God.  More than that, it is a gifting process we, as humans, are asked to participate in. With this precious gift comes great responsibility, to be Christ to one another. 

As a society, we are failing.  We have become a culture of death instead of a culture of life.  Babies are seen as accessories, only to be "worn" when socially appropriate and as disposable as last year's fashion.  We need to be Christ to one another and that includes those among us who do not have a voice, those who are the most vulnerable, those who want nothing more than to live. 

Babies are precious gifts from God.  We need to see them as the blessing that they are.  Whether they are with us for 8 weeks and we never get to see their face, or are with us for 21 years and we never get to see their full potential.  Every life is a gift from God to be lived for His glory. 

Are you being Christ for one another?  Are you promoting a culture of life? 

Live your life for the One who created you.

Lenten Daily Challenge: Put a cross, crucifix or other image of Jesus in each room of your home to help keep you focused on Him.
Rosary Special Intention:  My friend who suffered a miscarriage and her family

God Bless!
Hannah
The Farmer's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment