Sorry for the late post...
My babies have always been good sleepers. Nalley slept through the night by 6 weeks and Felicity one uped her by doing it at 4 weeks.
Last night was a different story. While Felicity slept until 6AM before needing to eat, Nalley was awake and screaming at 3:30. After changing her diaper and her clothes (always fun especially at 3:30AM), I let her stay in bed with me for a little cuddle time. She fell asleep rather quickly. Heck, if I had just evacutaed my bowels like she had, I would sleep pretty well too! I, on the other hand, laid awake worrying about her "interesting" diapers over the last few days, worrying about her catching the flu bug that is going around for at least the second time this winter and noticing a cough that seemed to begin over night.
Before I was able to fall asleep, my mind started thinking about all the stories Leron used to tell me about getting up to help milk the cows at 4AM. They would call it night morning. It truly is darkest before the dawn.
So today, my farmer's wife blessing is the beauty, calmness and serenity of 4AM. Without a 4AM wakeup call last night, I wouldn't have had cuddle time with Nalley. Without 4AM milkings Leron would not be as hardworking as he is. I don't want to see 4AM everyday (I had 2 cups of coffee today and can barely keep my eyes open at 9PM), but once in a while, it is a wonderful, beautiful, calming blessing.
Lenten Daily Challenge: As an extra Lenten offering, give up something you enjoy just for today (I guess mine was sleep)
Rosary Special Intention: Beautiful Thomas Bohm born yesterday a healthy 8 lbs 5 oz and 22.5 inches and his loving parents and older brother
God Bless!
Hannah
The Farmer's Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment