Tuesday, February 12, 2013

We are Dirty!

So I started this blog with Lent last year as a daily devotional and chance to grow.  It has been a long time since I did regular blog entries, but I am going to include it in my Lenten journey once again.  I am hopeful that these posts will be short, sweet and to the point.

I know many of you enjoyed reading the stories, thoughts, devotions from last year.  If there is any particular subject you want me to cover, you can post it in the comments, let me know on facebook or send me an email.

Ash Wednesday - February 13, 2013

We are Dirty!  Ashe Wednesday always reminds me that I am dust and unto dust I shall return.  What is dust if not dirt??  So essentially, I (and you) am dirt, I am dirty.  I don't know about you, but dwelling too long on that unfortunate little bit of humanity, can take you down to a not so fun place.

So how can we look at our dirtiness and see something great?

Here are my suggestions:
- We are dirt, but so is every other human being ever created (dirt loves company??)
- Dirt isn't all bad, it is necessary for growing things
- Dirt goes by the much more pleasant term soil once it is enriched
- Even though we are merely dirt, God created us in His image
- God even liked us dirt so much, that He sent His son to dwell among us, just like us, as dirt
- God even sacrificed His son for us

Suddenly being dirt doesn't sound so bad does it??

Today, celebrate the fact that you are dirt!  Because even though you are dirt, you are given more love than you could ever earn and you are expected to do great things!

Here is last year's Ash Wednesday Post

God Bless!
Hannah
The Farmer's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment