It has been a long time since I posted on here. Life is crazy and I have been almost too overwhelmed to really be able to put anything coherent down in writing.
I listened to the news station on the radio the other day in the car. I wanted to cry. A 20 year old mother took her 3 year old (a sad situation in and of itself) to the ER because the baby had ingested multiple prescription pain killers. The mother admitted, after much denying, that she intended on selling the drug. Then the next story was about a deputy sheriff who had been arrested and fired from his job for downloading child pornography. What is with this world we live in???
When we moved to the new house, Leron and I made the decision to forego television. We didn't watch much and we had moral issues with about 99% of the programing anyway. It has been a huge blessing! I encourage each of you to think about it.
The lack of television has been a further blessing to not be bombarded with constant political ads, quite possibly the most negative thing on tv these days. But with the election being only about 1 month away, I wanted to do my own PSA if you will about why you should make the time to vote this year.
I have always voted. Primary, national, state whatever the election I always made use of my right to vote and did it. During college I voted absentee and I even drove home to Zionsville one year to vote. It is important to vote as a citizen.
So that is reason #1, because you have the right to vote. That is the only was a democratic republic works efficiently is if you voice your opinion and let those in elected office react accordingly.
2. There are major issues facing our country, this year possibly more than in any year in the past. You need to know where you stand on these issues and where the politicians stand. Get past the political posturing and look at voting records. No politician is going to tell you something you don't want to hear, you have to seek the truth.
3. If you are Christian, your religious freedom is being decided in this election! Vote to maintain your freedom.
4. There are those who cannot vote who need our protection in this election. The unborn have rights and need to be protected. Vote to protect the most vulnerable of our society.
5. We need to pick good leaders and if good people do not vote we cannot pick good leaders.
So there 5 simple easy reasons to vote this year. Your vote does matter. Vote! Vote Pro-life! Vote pro-religious freedom!
God Bless!
Hannah
The Farmer's Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment