Two years ago I helped bring a miracle into this world.
She was perfect. Small, 6 pounds 7 ounces and 18.5 inches, but perfect.
I remember everything about that day. Not because of the pain (boy was there pain) and not because of the amount of time (almost 30 hours!). I remember every moment of that day because there has never been another single day of my life that changed it so much.
Never have I ever loved someone so much in such a short amount of time. Never have I ever been willing to do anything for another person before I had even seen their face. And never have I ever felt so close to God as when I helped bring one of His beautiful gifts into this world.
Never has something so small held such a big part of my heart!
She was a daddy's girl right from the start.
And as she grows up, the two of them become even closer! I hope they are always as close as they are right now.
Of course in her two years, she has never met a stranger. She will smile at anyone, talk to anyone, sing you a song, laugh or just make a funny face. If she doesn't make your day better with a simple look it would surprise me.
She is our precious gift from God. She makes our lives better in so many ways. I can't imagine our lives without her in them.
She sure has grown up a lot in the last year. She is doing so many big girl things. She can tell you the sound of just about any animal. She can count to 10 with a little help. She does all sorts of things to make you laugh.
She does nightly pushups with daddy. She can count to 50 like Ernest T Bass from The Andy Griffith Show. She can sing a beautiful song. She tries to play the flute just like mommy. She helps me cook in the kitchen and helps me clean the house. She even goes potty like a big girl.She is an excellent big sister and is very concerned about making sure Felicity is happy. She is a wonderful daughter. We couldn't be more proud of the beautiful little girl she is becoming.
Nalley Jane
8/9/10
6 lbs 7 oz
18.5 in
1:06 PM
God Bless!
Hannah
The Farmer's Wife
(And Nalley's mommy!)


No comments:
Post a Comment