Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A few random not really connected thoughts

Random #1

God has a funny way
of bringing you to your knees
to remind you to pray

I told a friend this the other day.  I am not sure if the words are original to me or if I have heard them some where else.  They are nice and rhyming which makes me think I didn't come up with that all on my own.

It is a simple phrase with a lot of power.  Sometimes in life there are no explanations, no visible upside, no better for the experiences.  A lot of times, the bad in our life is of our own making.  Amazingly though, God takes the pile of crap that is our life, uses it like manure to fertilize a field and produce an even more abundant crop next season.  So one year you may be the pile of crap but hopefully the following you will be a bumper crop.

Random #2

You know that feeling in the air right before a big summer storm rolls in?  I would love to have that feeling right now.  We need rain.  We need lots of rain.  We need rain for the corn, beans and gardens.  We personally need rain for our yard to ever start growing.  The dust bowl like landscape that is our yard is pretty pitiful.  The only green thing in the ground are pickle vines.  It is so dry in fact that not even many weeds are growing.  There you go, always able to find a positive!

Random #3

We closed on our in town house on Monday.  What a relief that was to get the whole process finished.  We sold it to a wonderful couple who are engaged to be married.  They haven't official set a date but are hopeful for next year.  Leron and I are hopeful that living across the street from a church will help bless their marriage.  Maybe that's why we ended up with two kids in two years... hmm food for thought there!

Random #4

I was hopeful for 2 blog posts before vacation, you get one with almost 4 random themes... that is almost the same thing!

God Bless!
Hannah
The Farmer's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment